Cultural Summer Camp for Youth
Introduction: To enhance North American youth’s understanding of the Chinese culture and language, and to foster academic exchanges, JL International Centre (Jia Lian International, www.jlicentre.com) and the Niagara Centre for the Arts jointly organize the Chinese Culture Summer Camp. The summer camp is situated at the world renowned Niagara Falls tourist area, providing a superb learning environment and recreation opportunities.
Activities: Mandarin Chinese classes (simplified/traditional) at all levels (included in tuition); gymnasium sports (no extra fee); math, computer, music and dance training (extra fees).
Dates (6 weeks, 7 days per session) 1st : 7/3 - 7/9; 2nd : 7/10 - 7/16; 3rd : 7/17 - 7/23;
4th: 7/24 - 7/30; 5th: 8/7 - 8/13; 6th : 8/14 - 8/20.
Site: Niagara Centre for the Arts, 4700 Epworth Circle Niagara Falls, Ontario (HWY 420/Victoria Ave., near Rainbow Bridge), L2E 1C6, Canada.
Facilities: computer room, gymnasium, dance studios, music rooms, concert hall, cafeteria, dormitory – all under one roof.
IInstructors: Experienced and certified instructors who have previously taught in the International Language Department of Ontario School Boards and broadcasters at Chinese radio and television stations both in Toronto and in China.
Admission requirements: Click here to download registration form
1. Age: 8-17; boys and girls.
2. Up to 50 students per session (first come first serve). An applicant who is not accepted will receive full refund.
3. We regret that we cannot accept students with special medical needs (mental, cardiovascular, diabetes, food allergy, epileptics, asthma, hyperkinesia, and communicable diseases).
Fee: $400 per session (including Chinese class tuition and study materials, lunch & snack). $210 for one week. Checks payable to “JL International” should be mailed to 4700 Epworth Circle Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 1C6 Canada. Do not mail cash. Additional fees are for math, computer, music and dance training.
Refund policy: Registrants that cancel by June 20 to receive a full refund minus $100. No cancellation will be accepted after June 20.
Tel: (416)225-7922; (416)
221-7194; (416) 432-8763;
1. Students must follow instructions of teachers and staff.
2. Students should not play in water or swim without permission.
3. Students should not leave site without permission. No one should leave site during night hours.
4. Do not damage site properties. Keep all areas clean.
5. Do not bring expensive items (including electronics) to the site. We will not be responsible for losses.
6. No firearms or dangerous items are allowed.
7. No smoking, gambling, drugs, stimulants or alcohol are allowed.
8. Students should wear registration tags at all time.
9. Students should stay at assigned sleeping rooms. No exchanges are allowed.
10. Violation of any regulation may lead to expulsion from the camp. Parents will be requested to pick up the student without refund.
11. Organizers reserve the right to modify rules and regulations as needed without further notification.
Click here to download registration form